View Single Post
      12-27-2007, 10:14 AM   #324
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehappydad View Post
I am looking to re-stock and upgrade some of my detailing supplies. From reading on here I am definitely going to upgrade to the Flex polisher from my PC. I also plan on trying the Menzerna polishes.

The one question I have is what color Lake Country pads to use for everyday maintenance and minor swirls marks/water spots. Is the orange too aggressive? What about the black, white, green, orange. I guess just curious what color pad with which products?

Thanks for your help. This forum has been extremely helpful.
If you maintain your vehicle using the proper washing and drying techniques, I maintain with Menzerna PO106FF and a black pad. I always recommend starting with the least aggressive combination to get the job done then moving up as needed. Yes, I feel the orange light cutting pad is too aggressive for normal maintenance. If anything, go with the white polishing pad.

When correcting deeper imperfections with either Super Intensive Polish or Intensive Polish, I tend to turn to an orange light cutting pad, or if I know it's a soft clear coat, a white polishing pad.

With the additional power of the Flex, I often find myself starting with one pad softer than I would with the PC.

If you're seeking a Flex, we have a couple left in stock ready to go as of now. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Have a Happy New Years!

George
Appreciate 0