View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #4104
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RectalItching View Post
i followed the DIY step by step but once i get to starting INPA with ignition on,engine off i cant get the two black dots to work for my air bag test. im afraid my cable isnt recognized thru usb. is this the case? if i try to scan the airbag anyway i get the "data transmission to interface disturbed" message. can i continue anyway with coding as stated in other case?

Also my advanced com port settings looks different. there isnt a latency setting, just the FIFI buffers box and receive/transmit buffer, which ive set to one

any advice?
I didn't initially get the filled in black dots either. I bought the onestopelectronics cable and it does not come with instructions or a driver. I looked (again) and their website and found the link to download a "VSP" driver for it. Then I plugged in the cable to my laptop and ran the driver. That created a new port on my laptop and the laptop said it now recognized the new hardware. I had to set the new port to be "COM1", redesignating another port that was already "COM1" in device manager. The latency setting was in the dialogue box in device manager when I clicked on the advanced settings. I now have the two black dots but INPA isn't running right, possibly a problem with that software I downloaded from a website other than "rapidshare" (which macafee doesn't like). I haven't tried NCSEXPERT yet but may tonight - I just got the black dots last night.

Jim