View Single Post
      02-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #16
F31-340i
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Touring

It maybe only a facelift in Sep 08 but it will affect residuals slightly - so take this into account if you are buying new now.

Whilst the changes maybe subtle, it is likely to have a few new bits and bobs, and is therefore likely to be more desirable both new and used. This is certainly what the dealer will tell you come trade in when he is sucking his teeth about its value, and most switched on private buyers will say the same (and most E9x buyers seem to know their onions).

The same is true of the Sept 07 changes and that wasn't even a facelift - cars with ED are more desirable than pre Sept cars, and look at the poor 335i cars with 227 g / CO2 - sadly no-one wants them, just because of the grey clouds over being in Band G.

So, you're right, don't let it stop you buying now, but haggle hard for a good discount - for me I see no reason why that shouldn't be at least 17% as per pre end Dec 07!!!! Anecdotally these discounts no longer seem available at the moment, and personally I think private buyers should not buy until price drops return with a vengeance!
Appreciate 0