View Single Post
      08-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #111
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAaaAR View Post
I was talking about the 335i coupe. A similiar 2008 coupe equiped with sports package would cost $2,025 dollars more. $800 more in Base price, $350 more for sports package and $875 more for logic 7 which is standard for 08. All of this and I'm not even including tax and the fact that 09 might be less negotiable in terms of pricing compared to 08. And the only difference the 09 will have is updated Idrive and shadowline trims from the sports package compared to the similiarly equiped 08.

So my questions is do you guys think its worth it to pay an additional $2,025 dollars not including tax for just the shadowline trims and updated Idrive?
whether it's worth it depends on your individual situation, but surely to see something that's not a life must have (for most of us) to see something that was basically the same product from one yr to the next that was for most of us already a premium price, increase by about $2,000 yeah, it feels less worth it...to what degree, again depends on you. It's very disappointing compared to what's out there... unless everyone has plans to raise their models by the same degree and/or taking away standard options.

BMW is also reducing shipments to NA to decrease supply, so they're already hedging to a degree against the dealers hitting any tough stretches of moving inventory...

so, unless the US economy gets sooo bad that so far fewer of us are purchasing / leasing BMWs in 2009, i don't think there will be substantially good deals.

I think the only way with what BMW has already outlined for the NA market...
would make even less profit is if the USD further weakens (which wouldnt be good for us)

but i doubt the dollar will weaken more in 2009, it seems to be on a uptrend.
Appreciate 0