Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
So I'm in Columbus, OH for business and some househunting since we're moving here in a few months. First thing I notice are Wide open highways, Lonnng long on-ramps, sweeping offramps, and relatively new roads.

With the 270, 71 & 70 - How the hell can you not speed over here? And crap if everything is flat around this town, hardly a hill to be seen.

I think I saw one BMW all day, e93 335 mind you, but that was it. What's the import/mod scene in central Ohio looking like?
I miss Columbus. I was down there for my college days.

The roads are definitely flat and nice but due to the many college's expect a lot of police on the roads. Also add in being the state capital that you also will have plenty of State Troopers hiding out on top of the normal city police.

Might I suggest you look into Upper Arlington, Dublin, Worthington and Westerville as your cities of choice. I prefer northern Columbus to southern. Although my cousin lives in Grove City and likes it. If you have kids or plan to have kids that will be active in sports Dublin(Brady Quinn) and Upper Arlington are the better sport schools.

The car scene is actually very good. A lot of money around Columbus. Especially with Polaris, Easton and Tuttle Malls, some good shopping there. Check out www.columbusracing.com , city oriented car tuner website for all models. They have club sponsored track/strip days as well as area discounts to local vendors.

We'll have to plan an Ohio meet in the summer/fall to welcome you. I really think you'll enjoy Ohio. For whatever reason we always get a bad rap but the state is actually very nice and is not nearly as reflective of the statistics that can be found on the state.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0