View Single Post
      01-21-2010, 05:12 PM   #64
chaos888
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Installed TVinMotion (smartTV) and Spec.Dock last night.

Wanted to share my installation experience.

When I first looked at the instructions here before purchasing I found it confusing. But, like Tom stated, with everything there in front of you it's clearer. The wiring instructions required re-reading a couple times when I was installing it. Having done it once now I could do it without the instructions probably.

Difficulty-wise, if you've never done any electrical work before or aren't comfortable disassembling your car than I wouldn't say this install is easy. Otherwise it's fairly straightforward.

While the connectors were a nice addition, they were frustrating to use, there's not a lot of slack on the wires or room to work behind the CD/DVD unit once everything's reattached. I do have the additional wiring of the Spec.Dock and Multimedia kit/backup camera back there too though.

Several times the wires would come undone when moving the CD/DVD unit around (leading to some loud cursing ). I did end up twisting a pair of the spliced wires together and in retrospect probably should've done it for all the wires to be safe.

Fortunately, after putting everything back in place, it worked.
Appreciate 0