View Single Post
      09-27-2011, 09:48 AM   #38
gptrilik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '07 e90 335i, '02 M Coupe

Can lower trim cover be re-used?

I'm in the same situation as Zoltan below.. As I was installing the lower trim on the drivers side door, the trim cover caught a little bit on the foam\rubber backing of the side view mirror and popped out of the channel. I couldn't pull the entire lower cover AND rubber seal out and was not able to push the cover back down to snap into the rubber seal..

Has anyone seen this issue and how did they get through it? This was the first door I tried to do the trim swap on and have stopped in my tracks until I figure it out.

Thanks,

George T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan_tms View Post
I have the shadowline trims on my car,unfortunately they were destroyed at the carwasher, because they used a corrosive active foam, and they do mot shine any more.
I pulled out one trim from the rear door,with the intention to paint them in glossy black.After this I tried to put it back to see how dificult it is,but with no sucess.I also used some lubrification,applied a lot o force pushing it down to the rubber sealant but it did not worked.My question is if I need also to pull out that rubber sealant that holds the trim or not.
Appreciate 0