View Single Post
      09-30-2011, 05:21 PM   #302
!MAD!
Belarus
Rep
Drives: E90, 325i (3.0), 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Well, getting it to stock 330i programming isn't as easy as you'd think. You can get it flashed from the dealer because your vin indicates a 325. Only BMWNA can reprogram your option list to accept a 330 program. A third party tuner can modify your program to "take advantage of the 3-stage manifold." No one has been able to get an exact 330 program in. There are also other parameters no in engine programming that need to be adjusted as well. I'm only regurgitating what others have told me. I don'r have any personal experience with the ECU (sometime I wish I did).
Thanks for your answer first, and yea, I know that it is not easy and if we simply change our program to 330s program, it will work in an emergency mode and it will blink with different warnings like a christmas tree.
So, I need to find anybody who can develop and reprogram my stock 325 maps so that they will be similar to the 330s maps. And I don't need to buy any kind of chips like BMS powerbox. Am I right?
But.. AA tune is a similar to BMS chip as far as I could understand but you advise to get AA tune along with a manifold change.. I'm completely confused..

The main problem is to find a local ecu programmer who can remap it.. So, I want to know if there are any bolt on solutions similar to the BMS chips. Or may be I can buy any cables or adapters to upload any already remapped flash to my bimmer, if anybody could share it..
Appreciate 0