Thread: Tesco Tires
View Single Post
      06-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
335iLondon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Msport

[QUOTE=edowen;9776787]4% profit. Actually pretty crap as profit margins go. Hideous staff, and hateful treatment of suppliers (90 days plus many more slowly moving payments through the system). Allegedly buying up land where they already have stores to stifle any competition. etc etc etc.

Just google them. You'll get the picture. Lots of sheep shopping there doesn't make them good. Lots of small businesses going out of business, and in a few years no competition so prices can come back up.

Sorry but that is a poor argument.

Staff, well depends on where, but no better or worse than others imo
Profit margins, bloody healthy coming out of a recession.

Suppliers: I wonder if they get a better deal in any other business which can deal with the same quantity. My guess, no, or else no one would be doing business with them. They sign up to T&C's

Allegedly buying land... media speculation, unfounded, how would that be a sustainable business model?...

Small businesses, going out of business, the nature of the free market. If you cant compete on price, differentiate your offer. Many cases of a tesco stores increasing the footfall in highstreets, helping local business, and creating local jobs. These go unreported, as they do not fit the media projection of the evil T

Oh and ever heard of the OFT?
Appreciate 0