View Single Post
      01-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #287
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen1516 View Post
I did read the thread...there was a big difference in 135 and 335 numbers. I believe the 135 made less than the 335 (however I can't find that dyno now) COBB found a calibration change and they were to redyno the 135 and hence...

But yet there is still such a big difference. Previously I think the 135 made even less than the 335 on the dyno now it's flip flopped.
Mugen,

The 335i was on our Mustang dyno in Austin, TX and the 135i was on our Mustang dyno in Portland, OR. We believe the difference is caused by the parasitic loss calibration files being used on each dyno, but ultimately, there are a lot of variables in comparing the two cars across the two dynos. The Mustang dyno is much more of a tuning tool than a peak power measurement device, and focusing on the gains rather than the peak numbers will make much more sense when comparing between dynos.

We use a tool called Dyno Database Online, which lets us present dyno pulls publicly in a nice interactive format. I've pulled up a comparison between the two cars. It's a little busy with all of the graphs, but it shows the differences between the cars and dynos you are referring to. You can click on the graph to be linked to DDBO. If you focus on gains, the results are similar.

As we build out the database with customer cars and their baseline pulls, staged pulls and custom tune pulls it will provide a lot more data for folks to compare performance numbers with. We invite you to play with Dyno Database Online with the other platforms we support so you can see the depth of dyno data we will be building up as the AccessPORT matures for BMW vehicles.

You can navigate using the Car Chooser and select Make, Model, Year, Owner and even Shop. Any dropdown you leave alone will provide results for the entire range under that dropdown.

Have fun!

Gary
Appreciate 0