Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesr3 View Post
With the current Diesel Power Eco Max stuff in a 500ml bottle (what I use) you add 1ml per litre of fuel.

The bottle has a dosing cap that has 25ml and 50ml markings on it, to give a suitable dose for adding 25litres and 50 litres of fuel to the tank.

For the first usage or when re-filling the tank from nearly empty I add 75ml (50ml + 25ml in two doses). Thereafter if topping up with (say) a quarter of a tank left you just add 50ml to the tank before adding 50litres of fuel to mix it in.

A 500ml bottle adds 2p/litre to your fillup (a little more if you buy it off-the-shelf in Halfords) which is less than the 5p/6p a litre that Shell/BP typically charge for V-Power/Ultimate.

I've found that Millers works well with Sainsburys City Diesel in my car and I don't like buying Tesco/Asda/Morrisons diesel as they always seem to be the ones who have issues with fuel contamination from buying the cheapest crap they can find and ship to the UK.

IMO the best VFM fuel out there now is Shell Fuelsave judging by how efficiently my car runs on it and the difference in fuel consumption I've seen.
thanks for that

Think I'll need to they some of that