06-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
fefo25
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJK1903 View Post
Hi Everyone,

So i went to this mechanic and was going to ask how much he would charge to change the suspensions on my E92 2008XI. He asked me why I was changing them. I told him to lower the car about an inch or so. So he started telling me how bad of an idea is that and "know what you are getting in to" talk. He said his friend has an M3 and few other friends of his who owns different cars along with 3 series that was lowered. They got there cars torn apart when they hit a pothole and such bumps and spent thousands of dollars.

I am not trying to lower my car to one finger size. I think 2 fingers would be my goal. I have 18" rims and have about 4 fingers of gap on the front tire. I'm thinking to get KW suspension kit or H&R's with 19" rims.

How is the experience with you guys so far? I live in the Boston -MA area and we have a lot of potholes here. After talking to that mechanic made me scared.

Thanks for your time in advance..
Sometimes I regret it, mostly love it! Way better stability at high speeds! Im lowered on 19s so its a little harsher ride. Just watch out for potholes and you'll be alright!
Appreciate 0