import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatoraviator View Post
guys, two quick things:

first, be careful driving around today due to the rain, standing water, and winds.

second, on my way to work,i encountered standing water on the street about 20 yards long or so. i could not turn around which i would've done if i could. however, i had to drive through it. i was careful, but wondering if i need to be concerned. i made it through, drove to work which was another 15-20 minute drive. shut the car off...started it back up and it turned over like a champ. no abnormal indications on the dash or idrive. anything i need to be worried about or am i just stressing over nothing. thanks again.
you're fine gator. if there was an issue, you'd of known right away. the biggest issue with floods would be sucking water into the engine via the intake tract. in your case this means the water level would have to be up near the daym hood. my intake filter sits right behind my fog light...so i have a little more to worry about. but unless the water level is over the bottom of my bumper, i'm not worrying about it. one thing to be concerned about though(happened to me in one of my other cars) is the other cars driving through the flood waters. they can create waves(like a boat in the water) that can wash up pretty high...so be careful of that.
Appreciate 0