View Single Post
      01-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #56
scubasteve2365
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmd11 View Post
Okay gents, I now have the D99 Android in my possession. Install is planned in Louisville with Roberts Electronics on Monday.

I have a 2011 335i Sport with base "BMW Professional" stereo, BMW Assist and Satellite radio. I will be doing a complete evaluation, review and pictures after the install. The plan for now is to relocate the factory head unit to the trunk so that I can retain the BMW Assist. Questions we will be answering during install and I will post:

1. Is relocating the factory head unit necessary to keep BMW Assist
2. Will we lose Satellite radio?
3. Can we locate iPod connector inside armrest

Following install, I have an appointment at my BMW dealer to confirm diagnostic communication is unhindered.
I'm in Louisville, did a D90 in my E90 myself last year. You could of done it yourself. To be fair, I did work for a shop years ago (Ovation if you remember them) so I'm a former "pro", regardless I think this can be performed by anyone willing to execute a little patience. There's essentially no wiring to do since it's all harness based.

Someone else already answered your questions, but I'll add that if the iPod connector in the D99 works the same as the D90 units, you should buy the different connector that DynavinSolutions (Jeff) sells, as the stock one from Dynavin doesn't actually charge the iPod. I believe this connector needs a 12V tap.
Appreciate 0