View Single Post
      04-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #23
eimer3107
Rep
Drives: E93 320i M Sport Le Mans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieldingMellish View Post
Is this true? Anyone? I'd be much more concerned about line noise.
I've been using the Monster for around 6 months (with Logic 7) and have had no probs with line noise. The sound quality is noticeably better than that of cheaper (headphone jack) links I've tried - and with the unit I've got, you get power and aux out together (Monster clips into the iPOD dock, line out to aux clips into the Monster). I bought the cable itself off the internet because I wanted a shorter length.

I haven't particularly noticed that the Monster is a PITA to clip and unclip, in fact I'm happy that it's secure - but as I've got a "spare" iPOD which lives in the armrest most of the time, I only unclip it every couple of weeks to update it. It would probably be difficult to do one handed "on the move" because you need to squeeze buttons on the side to release it - but if you buy the unit I've described, where the line out clips into the Monster, this shouldn't be an issue.

I was planning to use this as an interim solution while I considered getting something more integrated - however, I'm quite happy with it so doubt if I'll bother now. I tend to leave the iPOD on shuffle while I'm driving anyway, and it's simple enough to reach down and click the wheel if I really can't stand the track I'm listening to. Sound quality is good - and I can use the Logic 7 surround options just the same as with the CD player.

I haven't got an iJet, although it is something I was considering. A couple of the posts here make me think it may not be worthwhile for me.

Last edited by eimer3107; 04-04-2008 at 08:12 AM..
Appreciate 0