View Single Post
      12-21-2011, 08:49 AM   #19
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
The cayman S and R are faster than a 335i but they still need to be revved like hell to make power. With juicebox, procede, cobb, etc, the 335i will win straight line, but thats aside the point of this car. With mods, a cayman S can make ~380 hp N/a with ipd plenum, gt3 throttle body, desnork, softronics tune, pulley, and exhaust. With a tpc turbo, around ~500hp, more with their stage 2 kit. I've driven or been in damn near any car imaginable and I still can say they cayman impresses me for what is, except in the power department. As for fit and finish, you cant compare a cayman and a 335i. compare the reliability and overall fit and finish and the porsche comes ahead bar none. The only problem i've seen with my cayman, which is not even bad enough to really complain about is a problem with my AOS where I get a smoky startup once in a blue moon, something which is widely known and common with the gen I caymans. With the 335i's its hard to find many without wastegate problems, hphf problems, or even throwing the car into limp mode here and there. Once again, fit and finish is great. I LOVED my BMW but these are 2 entirely different cars. The cayman is a drivers car, but the 3 series was a great car to be comfortable in, take out the friends, while still having an enjoyable car. I think a better comparison would be a cayman S or R vs. a 1M or M3.

The price point is high, but I bought my car CPO'd and there are many great examples of caymans with very aggressive pricing out there.

The extra seats honestly make no difference to me as I usually do not drive many people around. As for the trunk space, the front and rear trunks are wayy more than adequate for my needs so far.
This is sort of the point of the Cayman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0