View Single Post
      10-26-2017, 12:17 PM   #16
milfriez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 TiAg 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpham93 View Post
Did you change them back to default settings for all 3 settings?
I set 11/12 both back to around 2400-2800

Menu 10 is set to 3500.

Yesterday driving home, I couldn't replicate the jerking. This morning though, the second I pulled out of the driveway it was bucking. It doesn't have a pattern, and doesn't always do it, like the cyclical pulse of the JB4 settings. It is more of a power loss and then right back on. In 4th gear at 1500-2k I could make it jerk non stop, but still no codes.

I have a feeling mine is related to either ignition, or fuel, but I just replaced the HPFP and all 6 injectors. I have not read any articles on LPFP going bad, just stuff on upgrading when running E85. But it feels just like it's not getting enough fuel, then jerks, then starved, then jerk forward. But RPM's are not bouncing and no codes. I'm going with new plugs/coils and see if that has any effect.

I'm hoping it's not something stupid like one of the injectors or HPFP was faulty from the box, but I would expect codes if that was the issue. I still get the "Fuel Pump Plausible" code, but I've learned that's basically just a tuner code.

Has anyone ever had to replace their LPFP because of poor performance, that wasn't due to running E85? I've heard things about LPFP can potentially cause the HPFP to fail. So if I just replaced the HPFP and still having issues, wondering if the LPFP needs attention? But it's just a theory at this point.
Appreciate 0