03-18-2017, 11:13 AM   #173
MysticRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i E90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBB6 View Post
When you see how easy they are to identify, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. The longer green and red sections are the ones that run to the wastegates. The lines are held in with clips you'll have to free them from, similar to the one in the middle of the blue section.

Yes, I know my engine bay is dirty, and I the oil housing gasket is going to be replaced next week.

Old thread but it has great info. I appreciate this post from back in the day. I printed it up and used it as a blueprint to get all mine swapped out. I used the black 3.5mm from verociousmotorsports.com. Ordered 16ft and have maybe 2ft left over.

To help others, I ended up taking the vacuum canisters off their mounts to make it easier to get the old lines off the bottoms, as I didn't want to snap the nipples off accidentally. That also made it a little easier to get the front wastegate line swapped out. That one and the rear wastegate were definitely the most difficult lines to change due to cramped quarters and angles, but a bit of WD-40 on the inside of the new lines allowed me to slip them on easier.

I also changed the short line coming off the main hard-line on the left side inner fender, and changed out the intake-to-diverter-valve lines too. Altogether took about 3hrs, but well worth the piece of mind, as I had some loose ones, and some hardened ones that would've caused problems eventually. I had to take a sharp blade to all the old lines and a small screwdriver to loosen the ends off the connectors to avoid breaking any nipples. No way did I want to spend extra time fixing broken things.