View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #89
Techevo
Evo Junkie
Rep
Drives: E91 325D M-Sport, Evo 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Hey good sales job man. The difference between you and me is that I own and track a 335I, not an evo. I ask for videos to back up your sales claims, and you give me a link to an evo site, with pictures of an engine build. So you're a mechanic? big deal, we're all dating supermodels here mate, its the internet for godsake.
Sales Job? Makes no difference to me.

Like I said, read the thread and you may learn something, not just look at some pictures on page 1.

I see most of what you have posted so far in relation to the mechanics of LSD’s is straight off Wikipedia, and it’s very obvious you don’t fully understand how they work. Also, you’ve never tested a plated diff, back to back with a helical, so have no basis for you comments.

I’ve stated facts about the advantages of plated LSD’s compared to Helical in regards to improved traction, due to my experience of building and using all the types of LSD’s discussed. I’ve used all 3 types in different vehicles. I own front wheel drive (Quaife helical), 4 wheel drive (Plated LSD front and rear) and rear wheel drive vehicles, one track car, one race car and one road/track car.

You’re taking this all very personally, not sure why. I’ve never criticized the Wavetrac LSD, I actually think it’s very good, with a clever internal design to enable the worm gears to be pressed against the casing in a no load situation, a nice no maintenance helical diff that works with one wheel off the ground. But, it cannot equal a plated LSD in regards to torque transfer capabilities and thus ultimate traction, that is a hard fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
I tracked my 335I for years, with an open diff, and was able to compensate for this disadvantage (read: traction control off, or partially disabled!). I modified my vehicle power out put levels to be about the same, as a stock E90M3, and I was 5-7 seconds faster than those vehicles at the track.

When it came time to fit a diff, I did my research, and went with the clear choice. OS giken, or drexler (Australia), are not very popular on here. Besides the LARGE price difference, there are several other issues with these types of diffs that made this a wavetrac or quaife forum.
Good for you, but this is the internet mate, we all date supermodels you know.
Appreciate 0