05-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-737 View Post
I have a similar question.
I plan on putting a coat of Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger on my space gray E92.

I should note the car has clearbra on the front end and fenders.

the car was delivered in august and lives in my garage, I see no major issues with the finish that need correcting.

i was planning on washing, then just applying the Blackfire Wet Diamond. Is there a step i should do before applying the blackfire? considering i have no current finish issues and the clearbra.
Even on many new vehicles a clay bar and polish can be warranted, but it really comes down to your preference and goals. The Brinkmann Maxfire Dual Xenon Swirl Finder Spotlight is a great tool to use to see how many swirls and surface imperfections are really in the paint. Without the proper lighting it's really hard to tell. If you wipe down the surface with a little bit of rubbing alcohol you can also remove the sealant or wax for even greater clarity.

If you want to deep clean the paint and remove stubborn build ups a traditional wash will miss check out the DI Packages DI Gentle Fine Grade Clay Bar 100g & Clay Lube. After that a gentle polish would be great to help remove light imperfections and really shine the paint. SONAX Premium Class Paint Cleaner is a great choice for this step as it deep cleans the paint and maximizes the shine before sealing with the Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger. Again the clay and polish are not a must on brand new cars but it generally can help out quite a bit. Let me know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0