Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
It occasionally "forgets" to pair with my phone after plugging it into the USB in the center console with the lightning cable.
This involves a pain in the ass process of forgetting the phone, then rejoining it to idrive all over again.
iPhone 5 running latest iOS.
Can't WAIT for the new commbox snap in
Unfortunately the behavior you're seeing is by design so I doubt a fix will be forthcoming, but there's also an easier workaround than you're doing now. Basically what's happening is (as the iDrive message explains when you connect your phone via USB), the Bluetooth Audio portion of the Bluetooth pairing gets disabled when you attach the device via USB, not the entire Bluetooth pairing. I assume this is to prevent people from plugging their phone in over USB, accidentally selecting Bluetooth Audio streaming rather than USB as their source, and wondering why the sound quality isn't any better and they still can't navigate their library and see album art.

But once you've disconnected your phone from USB, all you need to do is go to Multimedia > External Devices > Bluetooth (audio), then highlight your phone and press Option. Go to Configure Phone, recheck the Audio checkbox, and you're good to go again.
Thanks brother- will try that again, but I'm pretty sure that didn't work
Appreciate 0