View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Three_thirty_I
Lieutenant Colonel
South Africa
Rep
Drives: '05 E90 330i Manual

Garage List
Hmm, since I bought mine, been thinking about doing this! Apparently the 335i manual guys don't seem to like this mod, at least that's what I've heard! Over the years I have gotten used to the feel (or lack) of the CDV clutch - most of the time my gear changes are smooth and consistent, but it still does catch me out every now and again, especially when trying to change gears a bit too quickly, which is where the CDV is of course most severe!

There is a proper modified CDV that one can fit that looks like the OEM part rather than removing it that it is too obvious, but one thing to consider once this has been done, you have direct control over the clutch and as such, much easier to break things! Just bear that in mind - not that the CDV prevents damage, but does prevent very sudden clutch actions!

The other problem that goes hand in hand with the CDV is the slightly dull throttle response which is why I have not done the CDV delete - then again, maybe having a predictable clutch with a slightly unpredictable throttle is better than both being unpredictable!

What other differences did you notice after this mod though?

Appreciate 0