View Single Post
      10-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #24
HPIA4v2
Major
Rep
Drives: F80, F86

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers View Post
I have had at least two run-ins with Progressive. Once, someone covered by them nicked me in the rear: one shop wouldn't even give me an estimate when they heard that name - said they're not worth the trouble to fight with to get things properly repaired. Another time, someone hit me in the front (of my E46): they wanted to use used parts! They conceded and used new when they couldn't find a used 330xi sport package bumper (I wonder why? - probably the rarest E46 bumper).

Even the shop I use says they're the worst on approving "extensions".

Do not, ever, take a check from them. Insist that they pay all costs to the shop, only after it is truely and completely fixed.
I told my friends my story, not to scare them away from Progressive really just to vent, but two of my good friends switched away almost right away.

Sometimes, a company should run less advertising and uses the money to make customers happy, it's happy medium. I've never seen Metlife insurance ad but that girl Flo, is all over billboard and TV. Sometimes, no matter how much chocolate you put in to cover turd at the end it's still a turd.
Appreciate 0