View Single Post
      06-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #30
328i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewBigA View Post
You are exactly correct with everything you've said so far. So now I will be posting up as a "forum member" lol. You know whats funny, I had a potential customer from this forum, made an appointment, cancelled, was supposed to reschedule, now I seen him up on here claiming to be this ultra professional detailer trying to do jobs out of his house!
I hate that!
My thread got deleted after just over a month with 1,500+ views. I was getting a ton of attention from the forum and the mods cought on. Oh well, I just miss detailing bimmers more often, hence the reason why I started to post again.
Maybe I'll finally become a paid vendor on here, maybe I won't.
-A
Now thats funny, although it doesn't surprise me one bit. There are also plenty of hacks out there. I also think many people don't understand what a true detail consists of, and will go to that guy instead of you to save a buck or to, when he isn't offering the same services, but just a wash a wax in his full detail while you do lets say 2 step polishing. I would really love to open up a shop but I think it would be hard to turn a profit around here, there's too many "professional detailers." I'd have to sacrifice quality to do cars quicker and cheaper, and I'd rather not detail at all than do a half ass job.