09-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #87
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Gotcha :-) ok just ensuring this hertz hdp4 will be enough to power my set up comfortably and not be on its limit..

On another note I've got an infinity reference 7541a 111w @ 4ohms lying around. They won't be much good will they? I do fancy a change and this IR amp is too large to put away neatly or stealthily when my enclosure and what not comes into play n e way.

I personally liked the idea of going for 6 channels and keeping same wattages across if possible.

I have also read Kaigoss's comment that he is not a big fan of 6 channels due to the differences in outputs and lack of headroom with 75W. That make sense TBH.

But you can follow what mob17 is doing. To increase headroom you can go for two amplifiers in that case.

For your rear and central speaker you can use infinity amp which you mentioned above.

When it comes to space, why don't you use the space in P 5MUL box (behind sub amplifier).

Looking at the dimensions of hertz, I do not think that it can be hidden on the left hand side of the trunk or under boot floor.

Any update on your sub / amp?