11-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #19
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGarbagePrince View Post
Hmm its awesome when holding calls are made that don't happen... and even if it did.. it happened in a place that was completely useless to the play. Let the players play. I sometimes think the referees play their own game. They win if they make the most calls that week.

P.S TO owned madison...
There are calls like that in every game for and against every team. In the Dallas/NE game, there was a hold called on Dallas' left guard (Kyle Kosier) on what appeared to be a successful 4th down conversion. The penalty occurred after the play was effectively over and had no bearing on the outcome, yet it was still called. Ticky-tack calls are a fact of football life.

How about that bogus roughness call on Bradie James in the first quarter that set up the first NYG touchdown? Jacobs tripped after James tapped him on the helmet like players do all the time. Jacobs acted like an NBA player or a soccer player who just takes the flop and gets the call.

The G-men didn't lose because of that holding call. The G-men lost because Eli Manning is a bad quarterback and Romo + TO is one of the best combos in the league. 3 Delay of game penalties _at home_? All those sacks when he should have thrown it away? That's why they lost; oh, and Dallas is just better.

-MrB

How 'bout them Cowboys!
(ED 4/28/04) '04 545i Silver Gray/Beige
Appreciate 0