View Single Post
      10-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAgeek71 View Post
I just picked up my 2011 production date 9/11 with 609, 615, 6FL, 6NR, 6NR, 6VC coded and active. If I want to add BMW live as per this thread, I need USB tethering, which I do have working on my iPhone. My big question is do I also need to subscribe to BMW 639 (BMW assist) for BMW live to work, even though the BMW info menu and send to car functions are no longer active? Is there even a reason to do so with BMW live?
BMW Live does not depends on BMW Assist, they are mutually exclusive. BMW Live -as stated in this thread- removes the BMW Assist selections from the iDrive screen, but not the service if present.

Quote:
Lastly according to this post (see link below) BMW live is available in North America. Does this mean Canada only, or has anyone been able to get this officially setup via USA dealers? I ask this as I saw in the thread to change your location to Europe->Great Britain being the only way to get BMW live in the US.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/10/08/co...n-netherlands/
BMW Live is not available in the USA. What that link refers to is to ConnectedDrive in general. What is available in the USA is BMW Search -a $199 a year service that mimics BMW Live with the same fundamental features.
Appreciate 0