View Single Post
      10-06-2009, 08:43 PM   #234
mu979
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 328cxi

I have found this mod to be well-worth the "hype", although I have to admit I was a bit skeptical. Definitely more linear engagement of the clutch, and the pedal seems silkier. I noticed the difference just backing the car off of the jackstands. The 1-2 shift is still the hardest to get perfect, but overall the clutch behaves more predictably. A few notes from my install on a e92 328xi:

- I replaced the CDV with a modified one. The old CDV valve was not as easy to separate on my car as I was expecting. It may have just been due to the tight quarters on my xi. Once it did come out, fluid began to spill (I didn't clamp the line for fear of damage), so be prepared to work quickly to get the new (modified) part in. It definitely helps to have an assistant here.

- As mentioned before, keep an eye on the fluid level in the master cylinder, as the clutch portion is very small and easy to miss until you are out of fluid in that partition. If you drain the clutch portion, you'll need to completely fill the cylinder and start the bleed process over again.

- I used a vacuum bleeder, which made things a bit easier, although still did not have much feeling in the clutch pedal once bleeding was complete and fluid was bubble-free. Feeling returned to the pedal gradually after pumping the clutch a few dozen times with the system closed.

Well worth the time! Thanks for all the tips on here!
Appreciate 0