View Single Post
      04-24-2007, 02:12 AM   #73
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzinco79 View Post
yea, I'm looking for some professional detailing ship around here (or near NYC) who can remove swirs and fine scretches from my car.
Do a little digging around here:
http://autopia.org/forum/northeast-usa/

At a glance, I saw a few threads of detailers near your area, NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayerischeMW View Post
George or Greg, after the initial spring detail (wash, clay, polish, glaze, sealant) i usually wash the car atleast once a week. can i simply add another layer of Menzerna FMJ each month or will it not bond?

what do you suggest, add another layer of Menzerna FMJ each month or a layer of Menzerna HGAS after each wash?

thanks!
Petter - My personal thoughts are a coat of FMJ monthly is overkill and the added benefits would be slim, aside from a fresh coat. I personally would use the HGAS as mentioned to add some pop and an added layer of protection over the initial coating. If you are washing weekly you could even get away with every other wash, unless you had the itch to add a coat of something each detail. I don't think its necessary but also wouldn't hurt by applying it weekly. I'll typically reapply FMJ seasonally on my personal vehicles.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperelite View Post
We carry some of the mentioned products like Klasse and P21s as well as Menzerna, Poorboy's World, Clear Kote, Pinnacle Souveran, Lake Country, Porter Cable, Clay Magic and a couple of other brands for exterior care. I'd be happy to put together a complete package that fits your detailing needs. Let me know what your goals and objectives are, time commitment and how often you plan on maintaining your vehicle and I will give you my best recommendation.

Hope to hear from you soon. Feel free to PM me or post for others to view.

Sorry, I haven't figured out to quote selected areas...

George,
I have asked a lot of questions on the board already but I have to ask if you can put together a recommended package for me. I receive my Sparkling Graphite 2007 335XI in a few days. I have made contact per Picus recommendation and told the dealer not to touch the vehicle unless I am there. I have followed Picus's advice and ordered some stuff but would like to see what you could offer me at your store that would work for me in conjunction with my goals for this car. I currently live in Madrid where the summer temps average over 100+ through the entire summer. I will park the vehicle in an underground parking garage but the temp will be high on the few days I drive to work. My goal is to have the vehicle look like it is brand new for years to come. I will never show the car but I want it to look immaculate. My family moved back to the US for a year so I will have a lot of time to dedicate to this car. I don't want to buy an orbital buffer here, due to cost and incompatibility issues when I return to the US. If I can get a good price on a package deal, I would probably be willing to buy another set of detailing gear from your site just to have some options. I have, as Picus recommended, bought the grit guard, Meguiars car wash, some sheepskin mitts, Aerospace 303, Jeffs Werkstadt prime and Jett acrylic trigger, zaino Z9/10 and some quick detailer but I can't remember the brand. I bought some towels but I don't think they were the right ones. I would like to join the others by saying welcome and I am very glad to have a vendor/expert here willing to provide assistance not only on performing the detailing but also on buying. One last question, do you ship to APO/FPO (USG) addresses? Thanks
Thank you for the warm welcome. Based on your needs and concerns, I think you are off to a great start. You have a lot of great products already for your vehicle, now to fine tune it to give you the best results possible.

For the washing and drying phase, do you have any Waffle Weave Drying Towels? If not, they are the safest possible drying towels available. I recommend using the "sheeting off" technique prior to using your drying towel, then proceed to blot dry the water still remaining on the surface of the vehicle. The rest of your products you selected will work great for your needs.

I noticed you didn't pick up a clay bar, any reason why? I know some people are skeptical of claying a new vehicles right away but I typically will recommend it, as does picus in his new car prep thread. Until the end of the month we have a special running where you get a free 16oz bottle of Quik Shine clay lube with any purchase of a 200g stand alone bar.

Depending on how the car is delivered, you probably will not need a polish with any more bite than the Prime you already have.

Being that the vehicle will be subject to such high temperatures, I do not think a wax is a wise investment in your case. It will evaporate faster than normal and will be pretty useless as a source of added protection.

As far as microfiber removal towels we've had great luck with our General Purpose Microfiber Towels.

As far as your paint exterior is concerned, that covers it. I honestly do not think you need to invest in much more than what I mentioned to get the most out of your paint. It sounds like you did some research and don't think you'll see too much of a difference in your results by changing products out that accomplish the same thing.

Few products I like to use, especially on a brand new vehicle are:

303 High Tech Fabric Guard - protecting new carpets and upholstery from future stains.

Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant - adding a layer of protection to your wheels to make future cleanings of potentially stubborn brake dust much much easier.

303 Aerospace Protectant - which you already have.

Aside from that, let me know if you would like me to recommend anything else for you, such as a glass cleaner, engine bay degreaser, an all purpose interior cleaner to use prior to the 303 Protectant, tire dressing, etc. I'm not sure if you were in need of any of those products as well.

Check your PM box if you haven't already.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

George
Appreciate 0