View Single Post
      01-29-2011, 04:16 AM   #42
micah_675
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 M2  [0.00]
If you have sludge i your motor, someone went to long on oil changes..... So you need to run one of those crank case cleaners through it. There are things that are easier and better for your motor out there then seafoam these days. Just do a little research, I would get 2 new oil filters a can, bottle, whatever of the crank case cleaner that you idle your car for 15 min with then change the oil. When you put it in there put in the one of the new oil filters. Run it for the time recommended, then drain the oil and change the filter again.

Also I don't buy the 15k oil changes. If anything its a problem waiting to happen. Your driving style, distance driven a day, and how much your car is allowed to warm up are things that should dictate how long your oil stays in your motor. I would highly suggest getting your oil analyzed to see how much your engine is breaking down inside. The company that does it for you will give you a suggest for oil drain intervals. And tell you what is going on inside your motor. Then get it done yearly to see if anything changes dramatically.
Appreciate 0