View Single Post
      04-08-2009, 07:29 AM   #2
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

It could be a HPFP issue but better to trouble shoot more than that.

If i understand correctly you installed the v3 with the pre-installed firmware and maps pre-loaded by Vishnu and you car ran correctly?

You then connected your laptop with the procede reader software to the serial port and now your car runs like a dog?

I would surmise from the above that you may have loaded the wrong firmware (or had a firmware failure) or the wrong map was loaded that did not match the firmware version.

Did you maybe load a CANbus forware without having the CANbus harness?

So check if your harness is CANbus labeled, if so when did you get it as you might need to swap some wires if it was an early one. If it's not got a CANbus label and you loaded CANbus firmware and maps (and or loaded the CANbus firmware and maps without swapping the pins on the early harness) then that's probably your issue and you need to load the earlier firmware and maps &/or swap the pins.

In terms of tech support Shiv can be hard to get a hold of so fill in the tech call back for on their web site and at the same time email dustin@vishnu....... as he is good with install issues etc & responds in a timely manner.

Alternatively remove the v3 and return to stock, that should at least get your car drivable while you wait for tech support.

Cheers,

S
Appreciate 0