View Single Post
      07-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #133
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
I find it saddeningly funny that so many people are okay with BMW advancing Toyota, a Japanese manufacturer who has done more to hurt American business than most any other car maker. In their heyday, the Japanese decimated the US auto industry, therefore hurting many many American families and lives. If BMW would have partnered up with Cadillac, to help build a super ATS sedan, I would be very excited about that as that would truly be a win-win for America and BMW.
Tt was the US Big three that decimated themselves. They failed to act, they failed to adapt. I was reading an article in one of Motortrend's Classic magazines. They had an interview of a former Ford, and Chrysler exec, he said that Ford was given the idea of the Minivan, and whoever was head at the time axed it, he took the idea to Chrysler--the rest is history. Also, that the Finance guys (the bean counters) were the ones that were killing exciting cars...

The Big Three were late to the party when it came to fuel efficiency, and then when it came to the Lux market, they were pushing the Big Boats that The Baby Boomers loved----and which ended up killing Lincoln (they had a decent car in the LS and Mark VIII), and nearly killing off Caddy, until they came up with the CTS.
Appreciate 0