View Single Post
      05-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
IMF1990
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 330i convertible

Rant - Idiot opening door

So my car is currently with BMW while I wait for a new alloy to be shipped in from Germany. Iv already been waiting 2-3 weeks, it looks like I may still have 2 weeks further to wait. I have been given a 62 plate 3 series as a courtesy while I wait.

Yesterday I went into town. Parked up, sitting in my car, taking off my sunglasses when *bang* and a small shudder in my car. I thought the guy to my right had swiped me while reversing out, I get out, he's nowhere near my car, look over and a guy on the left is inspecting my car. I go over and there is a dent.

He wipes his hand over it, says sorry mate didn't see how close you were (we weren't close at all, he must have thrown the door open). He then tells me it will polish out. I tell him not only is there a dent, but the paint has gone to polish out. He then says a bit of touch up paint and it will be fine.

I explain that its not my car and if it was I would have been pissed but take his number and numberplate details so BMW can contact him if they want.

What is annoying me even more then the idiotic situation, throwing a door open, was the fact he said it would polish out. It leads me to believe if it was my car and I wasn't around he would have walked off.

I hate humans!!