View Single Post
      06-29-2021, 08:39 AM   #1282
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
I have the Jerez Black SE with Exec Package and 6MT. Bought it new in late 2011 and it's been my year-round daily driver since then. I love the car and look forward to driving it every day. I still have all four 19" 313M wheels for summer driving.

The car has ~256,000 kms. It's been very reliable and has had no serious problems other than common items.
- replaced oil level sensor (This was a factory defect and was repaired under warranty)
- replaced oil filter housing gaskets (All N55s need this done eventually)
- replaced valve cover and gasket (All N55s need this done eventually)
- replaced 2 water pumps & thermostats (I think the second failure caused by the oil filter housing gaskets that leaked oil into the coolant)
- replaced bushings, bearings, tie rods, ball joints, control arms & end links (not all at once but eventually you end up doing all of them)
- replaced DMTL pump and soldered frayed wiring harness (the frayed harness is a design flaw)
- replaced windshield washer fluid pump (I chalk this one up to using the wrong kind of washer fluid which gummed up the pump inlet causing the pump to fail)
- replaced coolant expansion tank (It's common them to leak along the bonded seam)
- replaced both rear brake calipers (Both eventually seized)
- replaced battery
- replaced front cornering lights (easy fix using $5 bulbs from Canadian Tire)
- repaired rear brake light harness (This was a factory defect and was done under warranty)
- replaced exhaust flange/clamps (The factory clamp that connect the PE silencers to the pipes rotted away)

Other than those things, it's been an amazing car to own and drive.
That's not a small list. I'm looking at one now with 130k and that just gave me cold feet.
Appreciate 0