View Single Post
      07-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
jdixon04
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe

AngeliBright 4.0 Review

I ordered the AngeliBright 4.0 system the day it came out. EAS shipped very quickly and the lights arrived well-packaged. The first thing I noticed about the lights were that they were very well-crafted. The brushed finished looks very nice and all the components appeared to be of high quality. The only thing I questioned was the effectiveness of the design. The concerns I had with the design had to do with the fact that while the LED is pointing down, a good bit of the light is probably not being distributed as there is a decent amount of black metal in its way. Obviously, the black finish is going to absorb more light than bare/polished metal. Anyways, there was really no issue installing the lights; it did take me a while due to the lack of space within the headlight compartments. So far, so good. Unfortunately, after turning on the car, the problems began. My radio happened to be on when I turned on the car and I immediately heard a TON of static. Thinking that it may have been the station I was on, I cycled through my normal, nearly static-free stations. All of the stations were filled with loads of static that wasn't there before. I had remembered reading that some people were experiencing issues with static on the AngeliBrights, but I thought it had been remedied in previous versions. In fact, the product description for 4.0 says that the lights cause no interference with the radio. To double check that it was not the stations, I unhooked the AngeliBrights and reinstalled the factory lights; no static present. Putting that issue aside, I decided to finally take a look to see how the lights looked. Needless to say, I was extremely underwhelmed. The light was almost invisible during the daytime and even at night, the lights weren't all that great. In additional to the low-output, the inner rings seemed to be dimmer than the outer rings. Definitely a major disappointment.

To EAS' credit, Tom was very responsive and offered me a replacement. I ended up taking the refund until the issue is resolved.

After sobbing for a bit, I decided to order a set of the LUX H8's. There were definitely more of a pain to install than the AngeliBrights, but WOW, what a difference. They are what I the AngeliBrights should have been: the light is well matched to the factory HIDs, it's bright, but not overbearing and uniformly distributed across all rings. In addition, my radio stations maintained the clarity that I had with the factory lamps. I can definitely say that I highly recommend the H8's over the AngeliBright 4.0 system. Unfortunately, my camera is mangled at the moment, so no photos for now.

Hopefully this will help some of you who may be considering making the plunge.
Appreciate 0