TrackJunkie
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue '13 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW e92 M3  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
I removed mine last night and forgot to plug in the Air Mass Flow sensor, so the idiot light (yes for me - duh!) came on (Service Engine Soon). I plugged the sensor back in and found OK results with maybe some better response from the engine. I took the car to the dealer today and did not say anything excet the light is on. The report I got from the dealer is that the sensor is reading a lean mixture (because of the less restriction no doubt) and he wants to replace the sensor, but must order this part. He did reset the light and it has not gone off - yet. I will likely not go back for the new sensor when he calls unless the light goes on again. I am wondering if the lean indication will be compensated for, or will this cause an issue down the road. One other issue is that, if they replace the good sensor will the reading still be lean, causing the technition to further trouble shoot the "problem" and find my "Free Power Mod". Has anyone else had any issues with the "Service Engine Soon" light or know if the computer is reacting properly to the lean mixture indication?

Interlagos Blue 20134 M3 Coupe, Comp Pkg, DTC, iDrive, No other options to keep it light
View My Garage -
http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...garage&id=7562
Appreciate 0