View Single Post
      06-17-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
HPF David
Rep
Drives: TBA

Thumbs up HPF 135i/335i Oil Catch tank

HPF 135i and 335i Oil Catch Tank

There is very little room in the BMW engine compartment to fit an oil catch tank and we've dialed in the perfect spot whether you have a supercharger, turbocharger or are normally aspirated. A unique feature of the HPF oil catch tank for the 135/335 applications is the easy snap on installation of the hose fittings. There is no cutting or modification required to any factory hose to achieve perfect fitment.

The HorsepowerFreaks oil catch tank "kit" is a great way to keep oil blow-by from lowering the octane rating of your fuel. The crank case pressure on boosted and even non-boosted motors will often exceed ambient air pressure outside the engine. This causes the oil vapors to leave the engine and enter the combustion chamber. These oil vapors can lower octane ratings by as much as 2 points.

The plug-n-play oil catch tank by HorsepowerFreaks uses large 10AN fittings along with high temp oil resistant hoses to allow this pressure to quickly and easily flow out of the engine without restriction. The oil vapor hits the densely packed coil area inside the catch tank where the oil is separated from the air allowing the air to be burned safely by the engine and allowing the oil to accumulate so that it can be easily re-used. This oil catch tank is located in a safe place away from heat using the mounting bracket provided. The main oil catch tank simply twists off by hand just like an oil filter and allows you to safely pour the oil back into the engine.

Kit Includes:
  • Billet Aluminum CNC adapter fittings
  • Catch Can with CNC Bolt on bracket
  • Crank case over-pressurization evacuation lines
  • All Necessary Hardware for installation

Easy Snap-in Installation
  • Direct Snap-in fitment without modification to factory crank case ventilation system
  • Simply detach the factory crank case hose from the intake manifold and snap the included adapters into the factory hose fittings.

MSRP: $499.99

Appreciate 0