View Single Post
      03-19-2011, 08:28 PM   #532
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

The purpose of the coding is to change the headunit output from an amplified signal from the inboard headunit amp to an unamplified lineout to be sent to your new amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERIK335i View Post
Hi there - I'm planning on installing Retrofit HiFi System Alpine (Part No. 65412163268) into my 2010 E90 LCI. I currently have $663 Radio BMW Professional coded into my VO. Once I am finished with the install I will need to code the car per the instructions.

As far as coding goes, the install instructions for a post 3/09 says to go to ISTA/P vehicle programming and select "HiFi System Apline" via the - Conversion - path.

What would this entail as far as using NCS Expert? Thanks in advance.

I attached the pdf for Part No. 65412163268 for those that are interested.
I think I'm following you, but I don't understand some of your acronyms - are you a BMW tech or something?

I've been trying to determine exactly what this coding is all about, and why it should be needed. What is it telling the car to do? And can the dealer see that it's there in the VO or whatever (not totally sure what VO even is)?

I'm getting the install done on Monday in Europe but m taking my car to the US later this year - is there any danger of US dealers "erasing" this coding while doing a software update or something? I know this kit is not really available in the US so I'm not sure if BMWNA's service network supports the upgrade.
Appreciate 0