View Single Post
      05-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #732
kahostheory
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT

Learnt a great deal just reading posts, so thanks to everyone - felt it was time to contribute....

Took the plunge from a 911 and a 520d, needing to reduce running costs and the number of cars on the drive and accommodate a growing family.

For my current needs I can't think of a better car, practicality with great performance and handling.

Enjoying all that torque - in the real world it is nearly as quick as the 911

Potential extra performance on offer - tempted by DMS

Value - my car is nearly two years old with what seems to be a reasonable spec - I paid over £20k less than what the 1st owner paid !!

Doing a reasonable amount of motorway miles I am getting 30mpg

Dislikes

M Sport suspension - my choice as I prefer the look of the car and the dynamics and may yet do some track days but boy does it fidget.

Runflats - eventually needed to replace the worn fitted Michelin PS2s - it was going to cost more than new PS2s for the 911 !! - in the end went for 4 Bridgestone RE050As - so far happy with them

It is too quiet - sounds great with the windows down or for those on the pavement but sounds too ordinary inside - yet to search for posts re: exhausts

Cheers
kahos