View Single Post
      11-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
dave4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexb View Post
I read Detailed Image, too. Are you looking to purchase a Random Orbital and polish your car? Or are you just trying to gloss it up?

For a Sealant, I went with Blackfire Wet Diamond. Love it. LOVE it. I didn't wipe down my car with Isopropyl Alcohol first (didn't know at the time), but I washed it, clayed it, used Chemical Guys EZ Glaze, then applied the Blackfire. MM. Very nice. I was too lazy to apply Carnuba afterwards (basically, ran out of time), but if you have the time, I'd do it.

As for the Polishing, I don't know much, but my dad just picked up a Random Orbital and did his daily driver. He spent a week doing it (mmm... nice being retired). He did his research, bought the polisher and a polishing compound, and went to work. The procedure was a complete wash and claybar, then an IPA wipe down of each panel prior to using the polish. After polishing it, then he applied wax with the orbital. The car looks excellent.

I know that I need to eventually use a polisher on my car, but so far I've been happy with the Clay and Sealant routine.
Yes I'm planning getting the Porter Cable polisher, and do the wash, clay, and maybe the IPA, then the M105/205, and sealant + wax. Forgot to mention that my car is Alpine-White, (06) and man, can you see the swirls on it...
Appreciate 0