06-24-2007, 01:58 PM   #143
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapperelite View Post
George,

With all my questions for you, I should start paying you a fee for advice. I just returned after leaving my car sit for over a month and found some distressing swirls in my clearcoat. I was exceptionally careful in washing the car and can say, almost without a doubt that I did not put them there. My guess is that some admirer ran their hand across the dust while it was parked. I am using the Jeff Werkstadt product line as a cleaner and sealant for the car but I am guessing I will need a polish to take out the hairline swirling on the clearcoat? Can I apply a polish by hand that will remove the swirling? I've tried using a transformer on some products similar here and because of the cycles per second, the equipment didn't work properly even with a transformer. Last question, you were mentioning Zaino, do you carry it? Thanks again for all your help George,

AJ
AJ,

Yes you are right, in order to take care of the swirling, you're going to need an abrasive polish. If you are tackling it by hand, consider something like Meguiar's ScratchX which hopefully you can find locally and is designed specifically for imperfection removal by hand.

I mentioned the Zaino in the previous post because he mentioned that he had some already. As far as I know, Zaino is the sole distributor in the US, as I have inquired about carrying them in the past.

Let us know what you end up using and how you make out. Nice to hear from you again, hope all is well.

George
Appreciate 0