View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 10:57 AM   #120
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reio View Post
Disconnecting the battery didn't work. Still getting the EML light. Will probably take it to a dealer to check soon. But do you really think replacing the solenoids will work? I can't imagine how the existing solenoids might have come to be defective. Perhaps i cleaned them wrong. I dipped the tip of the solenoids in gasoline and wooshed them around a little bit, let it dry off and put them back on. I read that technique in another diy and seemed logical. Maybe i should try and clean them again with MAF cleaner? I wonder if there's anything else that could be faulty besides the solenoids?
gasoline??? Try MAF cleaner...spray until it runs clear.
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0