Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
Yes the cobb is installed on the vehicle. When I try to uninstall it will get to 100% and then it will say "Cannot Communicate with ECU" and go into "Recovery mode" every time.

I contacted COBB about it and they said something about the battery needing to be hooked up to an external source (jump box or something) or the ECU won't be able to get enough power or something...I didn't have an external source and any more patience so I just called it quits and left it on there for the time being...

The COBB can still flash maps and fully go through Recovery Mode after it gives me that ERROR but it just wont complete an uninstall for some reason.

and I thought if the car didn't match the info stored on the AP it wouldn't let you install the AP in the first place?
Ok sounds like your battery is a little weak, another way to hook to an external source without a charger or something is to jump it to another car, have the other car running but leave yours shut off. Or try going for a long drive and see if that'll juice up the battery a bit say a 30 min drive.

As far as why the AP and the BT tool show two different DME's. I dont know all I know is that mine matches up I have the IJEOS DME.
Appreciate 0