captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusn007 View Post
My first car was a manual Supra. I had it for a couple of years and at that time - I couldn't understand how can one drive a "sporty" (not even fast) car with an automatic. I gave all my friends a hard time when they had automatics in their integras... lol

now I drive an automatic - why? 1)LA traffic 2)I need a designated driver to take me home and most girls don't drive stick

do I miss having a manual - yes, when it is a nice sunday morning and I'm driving down PCH or when there is no traffic and I'm driving down canyons. but other than that, I'm fine with an auto...
Keep in mind that there have have been massive improvements in ATs since the Supra era. I probably would not have gotten an AT in a Supra and as a matter of fact had an MT in my 1992 Lexus SC300.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0