View Single Post
      03-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
lightning
First Lieutenant
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 1M Pure S2

FAILED NA SuperCharger ARMA

I had it installed and it just failed. I didnt believe all of the negative comments initially and I learnt my lesson. I did extensive research, months of contemplating and being positive. But what turned me off was not the quality of the product (even though it is not that good) what turned me
Off was the way they handled the whole situation.You can backdate my post to verify my enthusiasm about this kit and trust me, I felt like how u felt. There are also other customers who can't be bothered to come online to share about their bad experiences, I just want justice to be served.

Regarding their reply on their Arma announcement, I have sent them numerous e mails about their claim but they did not reply. And I will also furnish u with all the details about the damage from a certified mechanical engineer. They keep claiming that it is a fod.

they supplied me with a air intake that was too big for my car, so we replaced it with a very credible brand, K&N filter, which fitted perfectly. it ran without problems for a month or two. if there was any problem with the filter, don't you think that it would have immediately get into it? And you are right, there is no way a foreign object could have done such damage.

Based on the arma report, their diagnosis pointed out towards a FOD ingestion. Their assessment does not hold ground as the entire charger assembly was ripped off the steel bracket. Thus any damage to the rest of the remaining blade core cannot be ascertained to FOD ingestion or any post damage spinning. The intake pipe was fairly intact compared to the charger compression housing.

Their report pointed towards damage at 4 points and this is an unsupportable theory as there is no corresponding damage in the sides of the charger support bearing strut. I cannot fathom the possibility of a FOD hitting a blade spinning at 20000rpm and yet still not hit 1 pc of the support struts. The damage shown in the picture could have occurred when large chunks of aluminum flew around in that corner of the car. The chunks could have bounced around the corner and the residual spinning energy of the blades could have hit the blades.

there is no possibility of a FOD entering the charger as the air filter was perfectly intact. The original filter provided by ARMA was too large to fit under the bonnet. The filter is still in the shop and it is still crushed and flattened. That was the reason why we had to change to a smaller filter. K&N is a reasonable brand, don't you think? Both filters are present and can be verified for their integrity.

As for being unable to verify the exact item that hit the blade in the previous set of pictures, we were able to match the screw thread imprint with one of those bolts on the charger housing. So after we disprove that initial hypothesis, another possibility comes out. Now it is the reminder of the turbine core. The entire steel charger frame was bent. Even the charger assembly was ripped off from the frame. Other than a catastrophic failure, how else can such sturdy structures fail too?

So from the looks of it the possibility of the blade failing due to material fatigue is higher than any FOD ingestion. That would lead to a massive imbalance and cause all the components to just wrench itself off.

Not forgetting that it was the ARMA technician that came down to install the entire kit. The workshop just did the air filter.
Appreciate 0