View Single Post
      05-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #32
Turkeybaster115
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk View Post
You may get away with changing from an AGM type battery to the Walmart/Costco lead-acid type battery without registration, but you will run the risk of shorter battery life for the new battery because it will not be charging correctly. 1Addicts had this string which adresses this issue: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388196. The attachment is an excellent article explaining the need for battery registration. What is not addressed is how long the registration process actually takes - guess you will be at the mercy of the dealer or indy shop.

David
This was really good information, and I printed the article out and took it to my mechanic, this morning, and he changed my battery with the autozone Duralast 49DL. Car starts great now. The OEM battery was put in on the 40th week of 2006, so it has really lasted great. After reading the article, my mechanic ran some tests on my alternator, and told me that the OEM battery wasn't being overcharged, and there was no need for him to do a registration. Just thought I'd share my experience.
Appreciate 0