View Single Post
      06-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Scrib
Rep
Drives: 2005 Acura TSX

The ultimate electrical gremlin?

Hey all. Have a rather interesting problem with my 335 coupe and was hoping someone has an idea, though, etc.

Bought my coupe used (2007) back in December with just short of 10K on the clock.

In the last two weeks, I've been having what I would consider electrical issues with the car. Basically, at random (although becoming more common it seems), my seat belt extender, windows and outside mirrors all stop working. It may be days before they start working again and will work fine and then go out again. Today, I couldn't get the windows up and drove through a thunderstorm. Or I'll fold my mirrors and they won't unfold. Not good.

I've tried everything and took the car to the dealer once, and of course they couldn't replicate the problem. They did reprogram the FRM which they say controls all those functions. No luck.

I took it back in today and showed them the issue (it was happening all weekend and was fortunately still there at the dealer) and they immediately started to do a scan. They did comment that they've never seen this before (go figure).

Any ideas? I'm guessing this is going to be tough to figure out. Was looking to the community to get thoughts.
Appreciate 0