Gearing
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F22 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalaxy View Post
Funny. I liked the OMP seat better too. It was also cheaper, but I liked how the Suzuka hugged better.

Adding more camber in the rear isnt needed. It's the front that will need it. -2* to -3* if can get it. Rears will stay at stock settings.

Seat needs the rails (slider if you go all out) and someone to install. The camber plates needs install and is pretty easy to do. Mr Seb can help you out or your local preferred shop.

Camber will help with more even wear on the track. So technically, the camber kit has better bang for the buck, saving on tires. Having a square setup also helps in being able to rotate tires from any corner.

The seat is a comfort thing. But from your videos ... Looks like that might be the priority. Have you tried a CG Lock (I have one for sale .... ) which I found useful.
I will most likely get square setup. My rear tires are almost done I am contemplating getting same size rears now.

As for the CG, idk. I dont feel it will remedy the situation. I am sliding left and right mostly and there is no better way to stop that than lateral bum support with a race seat. Plus im constantly flexing in the opposite direction when turning and also bolstering my leg with my car door...its annoying
One last thought around the seat business. Unless you put in a 5/6 harness the seat and 3 point OEM belt will not provide correct safety in a crash. I won't go into the details, but if the three point belt will be used you would use a sport seat from Recaro that has the proper opening