05-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #3
cyniclaus
Lifelong Cynic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
1) TCK is perfect for a DD. Very smooth and well controlled. Not harsh in the least. Especially in you are running 245/40 non-rft's.

2) I would absolutely pay the premium to grab the Swift spring upgrade. HPA is running a pretty good price on them. 450/700 has been pretty good to me. I would advise you grabbing the 448/784 Swifts. The front rate looks high, but there is a lot of roll up front to control. Also, the compression stroke is very short. So, you need a stiffer spring to keep it off the bump stops. When I switched from 450 Hyperco to 448 Swift, it felt like the spring dropped ~100#/in.

3) Settings. Rear rebound is fine off the shelf. For street work, the front is fine off the shelf, as well. I found increasing the front rebound at the track a little helped tame the corner exit understeer.

4) Rear camber should be fine. The front needs alot of negative camber. More so than the RWD guys need since we're powering and steering with the fronts (= more entry and exit understeer).

5) I would grab the H&R e90 rear bar and do the subframe bushings, as well. It will do a lot to limit the roll, balance the chassis, and tighten up the overall feel. Def worth it.
Thanks Doyle, I was really hoping you might give your thoughts!

How big of a difference in ride quality do you think I would experience over stock using those settings? I'm mostly concerned that it maintains enough compliance to absorb speed bumps and the occasional pothole.

I see the swifts are an extra $450... tough pill to swallow when it was hard enough to justify paying the premium for the TCK to begin with, but if the difference is dramatic then I suppose it may be worthwhile.

Are all the camber plates more or less equal? I know the Vorshlag are recommended, but they are also the most expensive

Why would you recommend the H&R rear bar over the OEM M3 bar? I read that it's better to have the hollow M3 one. Also, do you think the 23.6mm bar would be too stiff even though I'll have the LSD? I'm trying to understand the risk that might come with the thicker bar.