05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #22
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
19 psi tapering to 16? Definitely wasn't maxed out. It had a ton more in the mid range and another 2-3 psi at redline. With a proper Cobb fuel base map stacking a piggyback there's surely more in there. Without a ton of meth either!

If he didn't grenade his trans I believe there were 10s in it.

Apples to oranges though, if your car was an auto it would run 10s on stock suspension with very little drama, assuming it held up.
His car made over 510whp with very little top end power roll off. And within 8whp of my max tune ASR car which ran 20psi to redline. Running more boost on small frame twin turbos doesn't results in more power when the exhaust housing is the main power restriction. Same thing applies to stock turbos but at a lower power level. I've tuned enough RB/ASR/TD sized turbos to know that you aren't going to get much more out of them regardless of how high you crank up that boost. They are wonderful turbos if you are looking to make up to 500whp with an aggressive tune. And that is more than enough for most people. But let's not pretend they are something they are not.
Appreciate 0